WeShop Help & FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What exactly is WeShop?
- Hang on – what is the “global ITPR site”?
- So what is so special about the WeShop marketplace then?
- Why should I believe what a Promoter says – isn’t she just trying to make money?
- What sort of products can be promoted or sold in the WeShop marketplace?
- Is there anything that can’t be promoted or sold in the WeShop marketplace?
- Why are the prices of items on sale in the WeShop marketplace in different currencies?
- Do I have to have a Paypal account to shop in the WeShop marketplace?
- What about returns, refunds, or cancellations?
- How do you find specific products when shopping in the WeShop marketplace?
- As a shopper in the WeShop marketplace, how do I leave feedback?
- I’m a man – can I get involved?
It’s an extension of the global ITPR site – but it’s also a referral-based commerce platform, like a marketplace, where women can recommend things they own and love to other women – and make some money from those recommendations.
In the Powder Room is an on-line magazine made up of English-speaking women from around the globe. It’s a place where the world-wide aspect of the web is really embraced. The women in our community read and share stories, ideas, and recommendations that make women's lives a little bit easier, wherever they are in the world.
Every product listed in the WeShop marketplace is already loved by the person promoting it. It’s not all about Promoters getting free stuff and being asked to review and sell it; these are products they’ve found which enhance their lives so much that they want to share those discoveries with others.
All Promoters already own the products they are recommending – and they would only put their reputation on the line if they believed that the product was really great – and that other women would love it too.
Anything really. But the products that are likely to sell well are also likely to:
1. Appeal to women
2. Be easy to ship - and be shipped individually by the Retailer themselves.
3. Not be too reliant on “fit” (eg shoes, tailored clothes)
The ITPR team will need to check out the listing before it goes live, so nothing illegal or immoral please, or we’ll tell your mother. If it is illegal or immoral, then write us an article about it for InthePowderRoom.com instead. Just use your brain - if it's likely to appear on the "prohibited" list of any regular online store, then it's not going to work here either.
WeShop is a global marketplace, and our sellers, buyers and Promoters are from a variety of countries. All transactions will take place in U.S. dollars but in order to give you a sense of what an item costs in your local currency, we have provided approximate local prices based on current exchange rates.
No - you can use a variety of credit cards or Paypal. Credit cards are swiped using Authorize.net; a secure secure system. Your credit card information is never housed on the ITPR servers.
We will accommodate all returns, for any reason, within 30 days of purchase. After that, we will comply with the returns policies of individual Retailers. If you want to cancel your purchase you can do so before it ships, otherwise return it to the Retailer for a refund. For all returns, refunds or cancellation queries, please contact us via the WeShop Facebook page, or email us on WeShop@inthepowderroom.com
There is a search box where you can enter key words – and a drop-down menu if you want to browse different categories. You can also search by looking for individual Promoters and by using the various filters provided.
Every user has the ability to comment on the products for sale, the Promoters and the Retailers. Feedback is a very important part of the information loop.
Of course you can! While In the Powder Room is unapologetically aimed at women, men often pop in for a chat, or to offer their perspective. If you want to shop in the WeShop marketplace – or be a Promoter or Retailer, then you will be made very welcome.