7 Signs your child's teacher doesn't like you
My kids are officially 6 weeks into the school year and it has become painfully apparent that one of my children's teachers doesn't care for me.
I am absolutely beside myself about this because deep down inside, I am nothing if not a people-pleaser. I hunger for the acceptance of others, particularly authority figures who have the ability to make or break my child's academic success.
I've spent a good deal of time analyzing the situation and can't for the life of me figure out what I've done to make this woman despise me so. But I've heard her message loud and clear, and want to share my findings with you as a public service.
If your child's teacher responds to you in any of the following ways, I suggest you step down and let your spouse take charge of all the parent/teacher communications from now on:
1. She never returns your texts, no matter what time of the day or evening you send them, even when the text includes funny emoticons like dancing bears or smiling turds.
2. She has never once sent her RSVP to any of your Scentsy parties, The Pampered Chef cooking shows, Creative Memories crop-a-thons, Tupperware demonstrations, or Pure Romance sex toy jamborees.
3. She makes you call her "Mrs. Jenkins" even though other parents in the class call her by an abbreviated version of her first name ("Rae" instead of "Rae Jean").
4. She never acknowledges you for the funny e-cards, cute cat photos, recipe swaps, or "If you don't forward this, you hate Jesus" emails you share with her multiple times a day.
6. She won't accept your repeated friend requests on Facebook, "like" your Facebook fan page, follow you back on Twitter, follow any of your Pinterest Boards, interact with you on Instagram, or comment on your blog.
7. Her "safety word" in your sexual play is "HELP! POLICE!"