Assorted random thoughts about autumn
1. It's lucky that Pumpkin Latte season coincides so nicely with the time of year that it's not too hot to wear Spanx daily.
a. I do not wear Spanx daily because I have reverse body dysmorphia.* I believe I look fine even in the face of all evidence to the contrary. Like any faith-based system, I only notice things that re-affirm my beliefs.
2. People need to stop complaining about the weather. In New England we get about 5 minutes of great weather a year. We're right in the middle of it. I propose a levy be imposed on anyone who complains in early autumn.
3. It's that time of year again! The time when I grab my camera and drag my kids to the apple orchard to collect succulent, ripe fruit directly off the trees, and bring them home to rot in my fridge.
4. I'm ignoring the 6-inch long grass that is my lawn. I firmly believe that if it's no longer summer, it's no longer mowing season. (Please see afore mentioned explanation of faith-based systems.)
5. We all live in jeans. It's only right after summer, (and during that horrible transition back out of maternity clothes,) that I realize that jeans are actually terribly uncomfortable.
6. It's boot season! This means I get to retire my summer 5'4" frame and bring out my off-season 5'6" frame. Damn! I look good! (Please see 1.a.)
7. Why yes! I did knit this. (Lie.)
*I can't take credit for the concept of Reverse Body Dysmorphia. That gem came from the brilliant mind of Susan, a.k.a The Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva. You can read her hilarity here.